Prosperity Noodles .... an auspicious dish to usher in the Year of the Snake! Cooked this during the Chinese New Year after feasting on all the goodies and 'heavy' food, something light which was well received by my family members.
Recipe for Braised Prosperity Spinach Noodles
- 200 gm chicken fillet, cut into strips
- 2 capsicum, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp black bean paste
- 3 servings of Spinach noodles
- 3 pips of garlic, chopped
- 1.1/2 tsp cornflour + 2 tsp water to thicken
- Marinate the chicken fillet for an hour or so, set aside.
- In a wok, saute the chopped garlic with some oil till fragrant, add in the black bean paste, stir-fry, add in the the marinated chicken fillet.
- Add in 1/2 cup water and simmer till chicken is cooked.
- Toss in the capsicum, add in thickening and fine tune to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the spinach noodles in a pot of boiling water for 3 to 4 mins. Rinse under running water to enhance the texture, drain.
- Toss the noodles into the chicken and black bean mixture, mix well, dish out onto serving plates.
- Serve immediately.