This is an ABC soup with a difference. Yes, there's fish in this soup ..... added a block of eel in it. Curiosity was what prompted me to cook this soup. I asked the fishmonger what is the best way to prepare this fish and he said that this eel makes a very tasty soup and I can't agree more!
Sweet and tasty soup with no fishy smell at all!
Recipe for Eel Soup
- 350 gm eel
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 2 tomatoes,cut into wedges
- 3 onions, cut into wedges
- 2.5 lt of water
- 20 white peppercorns, crushed
- Seasalt to taste
- Clean up the fish, set aside.
- Put the water into a pot, bring to a boil and add in the carrots, tomatoes, onions and peppercorns.
- Simmer for a while and add in the eel.
- Cover, lower the heat to medium low and let the soup simmer for about 1.1/2 hours.
- Add salt to taste.
- Ladle and serve immediately.
I'm sharing this recipe with Recipe Box # 30 hosted by Bizzy Bakes