Ho, ho, ho! Muffins anyone? Lemon peel gives extra flavour to these moist, citrusy muffins while poppy seeds add in the extra crunch! Perfect for Breakfast, Tea or snacking!
Recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 3 oz butter
- 5 oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1.1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1.1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon + 2 Tbsp sugar - Mix well.
- Beat butter, sugar and eggs till well combined.
- Instead of sifting the flour, aerate the flour, salt and baking powder with a wire whisk till well incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Add in the milk, lemon zest and juice.
- Mix till just moistened.
- Fill 3/4 of the muffin cup with the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 190 deg C for 20 mins., till golden brown. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Prick holes on the muffins and drizzle on the lemon glaze once they are out of the oven.
- Serve muffins warm
- Yield : 5 muffins
Here's wishing all of you
A Very Merry X'mas and A Happy New Year
Will be taking a short break during this festive season, see you folks in 2013!