These spare ribs are not barbecued but just cooked in a wok, then grilled slightly to attain some singed edges which I'm sure that many of you would like to sink their teeth in. These are succulent tasty ribs, lip-smackingly good!
These ribs are finger licking good ........ just yum!
Recipe for BBQ spare ribs ~ taste of the Orient
- 750 gm spare ribs- cut into 4 inch lengths
- 5 pips garlic- pressed
- 5 Tbsp light soya sauce
- 50 gm palm sugar
- Shaoxing wine to drizzle
- Cornflour + water to thicken
- Tomatoes and cucumber
- Marinate the spare ribs with the light soya sauce and palm sugar for 2 hours.
- Put the marinated spare ribs in a wok, add enough water to cover, bring to a boil, cover and simmer.
- Check on the ribs and once the meat is tender, fine tune to taste, place them on a foil lined baking tray and grill for 2 mins. on each side.
- Meanwhile, thicken the sauce with the cornflour mixture to desired consistency, turn off heat and drizzle on some Shaoxing wine.
- Arrange the spare ribs on a serving plate, dress with some tomato and cucumber slice, ladle on the sauce.
I'm linking this to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday hosted by
Shaz of Test with Skewer