I spotted these mini scallops from a seafood wholesale outlet near my house and was surprised when the proprietress told me that these were local. The source ..... from Kelantan, a northern east coast state of peninsular Malaysia. They ended up in my dish of noodles and weren't too bad, tastewise, sweet and a bit chewy.
This is another easy does it, tasty one-dish meal, simple and quick to prepare.
Recipe for Braised flat noodles with scallops
- 2 servings of flat noodles
- 200 gm broccoli, cut into florets
- 150 gm prawns
- 150 gm pork fillet
- 100 gm local fresh scallops 4 pips garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cornflour + 2 tsp water
- Sesame seeds lightly toasted for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp each of : salt, sugar, light and dark soya sauce and oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil for the pork fillet
- Saute the chopped garlic with some oil till fragrant, add in the pork fillet and stir-fry. Toss in the prawns and scallops.
- Add in water, bring to a simmer, fine tune to taste and add in the thickening. Set aside.
- Bring some water to the boil, add in some salt and blanch the broccoli. Dish out, drain and set aside.
- Loosen up the noodles and cook these in the pot of boiling water, keep stirring for about 3 mins.
- Strain and run them under tap water before returning them to the boiling water, cook for another 2 mins.
- Bring the meat mixture to a simmer, toss in the noodles and mix well.
- Dish out onto serving bowls, arrange the blanched broccoli and sprinkle on some lightly toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
I'm submitting this post to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday. Do check it out 'Here'.