I made this seafood rice vermicelli salad and it's not just an appetiser or starter for me. It doubled up as another one-dish meal for my dinner and although it's light, it can be filling too ..... and what's more, it's really delicious!
This is indeed very scrumptuous and the plus point is there's isn't much oil in it. Just what I like. What about you?
- 100 gm rice vermicelli, soaked
- 1 chicken leg, skin removed and deboned
- 250 gm prawns
- 1 small green capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 cucumber, seeded, trimmed
- 1 medium size onion, sliced thinly
- 1 bird eye chilli
- 2 tsp finely shredded turmeric leaves
- Chopped garlic and oil
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp limau kasturi/calamansi juice
- 1 Tbsp warm water
- 5 tsp brown sugar
- In a pot of boiling water add in some salt, poach the chicken till cooked through, drain and shred the meat. Set aside.
- Add in the prawns whole and once the shells turn red, dish out, remove the shells, devein and slice them into halves.
- Cook the rice vermicelli in some boiling water, drain and cut into random lengths.
- Place the vermicelli, prawns and shredded chicken in a large serving bowl.
- Mix in the dressing, onion, capsicum, chilli and turmeric leaves. Toss gently to combine. Top up with 4 tsp of chopped garlic and oil.
- Serve immediately.