This is a super easy dish that I prepared for dinner recently. There's practiclly no oil in this chicken dish except for the fat from the chicken leg which is very minimal. If you prefer a light, less oil meat dish, try this!
This is very aromatic and you can serve it with white rice or bread ............... Enjoy!
- 3 chicken legs about 600 gm, skin removed, deboned and cut into 4 pieces each
- 12 stalks lemon grass/serai
- 5 pips garlic
- 12 shallots
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1.1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
- Smash up 8 stalks of lemon grass and slice up the remaining 4 stalks thinly, mix them into the chicken pieces.
- I used a garlic press to press out the shallots and garlic and mix these into the chicken as well.
- Add in the brown sugar, fish sauce and salt. Mix well. (Best to marinate this overnight, keep refrigerated).
- Put the chicken pieces into a wok, add in the dark soya sauce, water, cook under medium to low heat.
- When the sauce is semi-dry, discard the crushed lemon grass and pan-fry the chicken till dry.
- Test for taste, dish up.
I'm submitting this post to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday. Do check it out 'here'.