Made this yummy choco biscuit cake over the weekend. To me, it can be referred to as a non-bake cake and also a biscuit as part of the ingredients is biscuits. For some people, chocolate can be a delicious obession and this easy-to-make biscuit cake is just lovely to enjoy!
This can be served as a dessert, kept chilled or even as a snack ....... crunchy, nutty, not too sweet and full of yummy chocolate!
- 6 oz bittersweet couverture
- 6 oz butter/margarine
- 6 oz digestive buscuits - broken up into pieces
- 1.1/2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1.1/2 oz raisins
- 1.1/2 oz dried apricot
- 3 oz flaked almonds - slightly roasted
- Lightly grease an 8 inch round springform cake tin. Keep aside.
- Lightly chop up the apricots and raisins into smaller pieces. Keep aside.
- Break up the chocolate into a bowl and place over a pan of simmering water OR use a double boiler. Stir.
- Add in butter and syrup and keep stirring till the chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from heat and let cool for a while.
- Mix the broken up pieces of biscuits, raisins, apricots and almond flakes in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the cooled chocolate mixture and mix till well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the lightly greased cake tin, press lightly and level the top.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Keep refrigerated.
Use other biscuits like crackers or petit beurre biscuits.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #7 - Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by DG of Tested and Tasted.