This is a simple straightforward noodle dish which can be done in a jiffy. Quick and easy to prepare, yet double up as a one-dish tasty and hearty meal!
The broccoli lends some colour and the chilli gives the extra kick to this simple but wholesome noodles.
- 3 packets udon noodles, (250 gm each) for 3 servings
- 200 gm chicken breast, cut into strips
- 6 pips garlic
- 1 knob young ginger
- 10 shallots
- 2 tsp preserved black beans, ''Tau Si'
- 1 red chilli
- 150 gm broccoli
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp each of sugar, light soya sauce and sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- a dash of pepper
- 1/2 tsp each of dark soya sauce and sugar
- 1 tsp salt and light soya sauce
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
Pound the garlic, ginger, shallots, preserved black beans and chilli. Saute some oil with the pounded ingredients till fragrant. Add in the seasoned chicken meat, stir-fry. Next, add in 1/2 cup water, salt, all the sauces and let chicken simmer till cooked. Toss in the broccoli, stir-fry. Add in the udon, give it a quick stir, add in the freshly ground black pepper. Fine tune to taste. Dish out to serve immediately.