Whipped up this simple salad for dinner recently, something light and refreshing after having a heavy lunch. I enjoyed it tremendously and look forward to concocting more of such one-dish meal in future.
Isn't it colourful? Every mouthful of these crunchy vege with some protein is just wholesome, healthy and nutritious, more so if you're on a diet!
- 1 chicken breast meat - skin removed, poached and shredded
- 1 carrot - shredded
- Cabbage - shredded
- 1 big onion - sliced
- 6 limau kasturi/calamansi
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 4 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1 red chilli - cut
- 2 bird eye chillies - cut
- Peanuts - roasted and chopped
- Season the chicken breast with some salt and pepper, set aside for an hour.
- Poach the chicken in hot water till cooked, cool and shred to pieces.
- Dissolve the salt and sugar with the limau kasturi juice, set aside.
- Mix the chicken with the shredded carrot and cabbage, add in the onion slices, red and bird eye chillies. Toss up.
- Pour in the limau kasturi syrup, mix well.
- Top up with the chopped roasted peanuts.
- Serve immediately.