Blueberry and Pineapple ...... will it work, I was asking myself. These were the only fruits that were left in the fridge and as I've never tried this combination before, why not give it a shot! Surprisinly I wasn't disappointed for it turned out swell!
Mmm... soft and not so sweet, good combination with tea or coffee ........
Recipe for Blueberry Pineapple Tea Bread
- 210 gm plain flour
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 113 gm butter/margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk ~ I used sugarless soymilk
- 60 gm blueberries
- 40 gm dried pineapple
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Lightly grease and flour a 8.1/2 " x 4.1/2" x 3 " loaf pan.
- Sift the plain flour with the baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cut up the blueberries and dried pineapple and coat with some flour from the recipe.
- Cream the butter with the sugar till light, creamy and thick.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Fold in the sifted flour, followed by the blueberries and pineapple.
- Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan, make a slight dip in the centre with the back of the spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for about 45 mins.
- Test with skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let the tea bread cool in the pan for 5 mins. before turning it out and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice up and serve.